Last year we established the Saint Kentigern Distinguished Alumni Awards to recognise Old Collegians who have achieved excellence in their professional lives, lived the Values of Saint Kentigern in their pursuits whilst simultaneously showcasing great leadership, and are role models that current students can emulate.
Covid-related restrictions had unfortunately postponed the inaugural awards for the third time, and the ceremony is now planned for September 2022 to celebrate the achievements of our four esteemed winners:
- John Beckett (Saint Kentigern College, 1958-1962)
- Philip Recordon (Saint Kentigern Boys’ School, 1959-1960 and Saint Kentigern College, 1961-1965)
- Sir Noel Robinson (Saint Kentigern College, 1958-1961)
- Dr Ernest Willoughby (Saint Kentigern College, 1959-1963)
Profiles of the outstanding accomplishments of these four distinguished Old Collegians will be shared following the ceremony.
We plan to organise the Distinguished Alumni Awards every two years, awarding Old Collegians for:
- A series of achievements of note in the fields of business, social, cultural, sporting or environmental well-being of the community; and/or
- A career of exceptional national or international accomplishment.
The recipients of the Saint Kentigern Distinguished Alumni Award will each receive a distinctively created commemorative piece of sculpture with design attributes inspired by our Scottish heritage.
Recipients are selected by a special selection panel representing different parts of the Saint Kentigern community; Mark Conelly (Trust Board), David Boyd (Founder Trustee), Peter Cassie (Senior Leadership Team), Andrew Morgan (Old Collegians Association) and Hayden Butler (Old Collegians Association).
For more information about the Saint Kentigern Distinguished Alumni Awards, please contact Director of Development, Richard Lindroos at firstname.lastname@example.org